Styrene Acrylonitrile (SAN)
Styrene Acrylonitrile is a thermoplastic polymer that has better general chemical resistance than polystyrene and is cheaper than acrylic. It has a good combination of rigidity, strength, toughness and transparency.
- Industrial uses: Battery cases, dials, knobs, switches, lenses
- Consumer Products: Cups, toothbrush handles, trays, containers, covers, cassette cases, disposable lighters, mixers, juicers, pencil cases, stereo dust covers, hangers, cosmetic containers
- Medical Applications: Autoclavable devices, dental & medical light diffusers.
- Electrical/Electronic: Battery housings, telephone components, radios, CD-players, meter covers, air conditioner impellers
- Specific Gravity - 1.07 g/cm
- Tensile Strength - 10000 psi
- Flexural Strength - 18000 psi
- Impact Strength - 0.4 ft.-lb./in
- Improved chemical resistance over Polystyrene
- Dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to hydrocarbons, various fats and household detergents.
- Injection Molding
Call Project Engineering at (713)643-6577 or ask an engineer