Acetal (polyoxymethylene) is a lightweight and low-friction polymer commonly known as Delrin (DuPont’s brand name.) Often used as a metal substitute, acetal is capable of operating in temperatures in excess of 90 degrees Celsius (approximately 200 degrees Fahrenheit). This engineering resin is strong, rigid and has good moisture, heat and solvent resistance.
- Automotive Industry: fuel-system and seat-belt components, steering columns, and handles
- Plumbing Industry: shower heads, ballcocks, faucet cartridges, and various fittings
- Consumer Industry: high quality toys, garden sprayers, stereo cassette parts, guitar picks, yo-yos, butane lighter bodies, zippers, and telephone components.
- Industrial applications: couplings, pump impellers, conveyor plates, gears, sprockets, and springs.
- Specific Gravity - 1.42g/cm
- Tensile Strength - 10300 psi
- Flexural Strength - 406000 psi
- Impact Strength - 5.23 ft.-lb/in
- Some grades are FDA approved
- Flammability – UL94
- High Impact Resistance
- High Molecular Weight
- High Viscosity
- High Stiffness and Strength
- Fatigue Resistant
- Good Dimensional Stability
- Injection Molding
Call Project Engineering at (713)643-6577 or ask an engineer